(IN EFFECT BEGINNING 10.3.23)
2024 Payment & Refund Policies
We recognize that sending your child(ren) to Camp Ramah is a significant financial investment. As a result, we are committed to establishing policies and procedures that work mutually for your family and Camp Ramah in the Poconos. We thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
- All camper tuition must be paid in full in order for campers to attend camp. When necessary, an approved, reasonable payment plan can be put in place in consultation with our Registrar. An approved payment plan requires that payment in full is received by the camper's first day of camp.
- All applications must be accompanied by a deposit in order to secure the spot for the camper.
- Early Enrollment deposits are NOT refundable. In the event that one child withdraws, their early enrollment deposit will not be applied to the total family bill for other siblings.
- Payments can be made by check, credit/debit card or echeck; credit card transactions will incur a 3% fee. We encourage families to use the echeck option though your CampInTouch account as there are no fees assessed with the payment.
- All tuition is due in full by May 1; Camp Ramah will process 7 monthly payments, October-April, via the electronic payment method designated on your application.
- Campers from families who have not fully paid tuition or arranged a reasonable payment plan by the start of camp will not be allowed to attend camp and no bunking or logistics information will be provided. Arrangements for payment must be made prior to your child arriving at camp.
- Late enrollment after April 15th must be accompanied by 50% of the total tuition bill with balance paid in full by the start of camp. Late enrollment after May 1st requires that tuition be paid in full at the time of application.
Ramah Poconos staff work year-round to plan for a successful, meaningful, and safe summer. Our refund policy reflects the reality that a significant portion of our expenses are incurred well before summer Camp begins. As a non-profit, Ramah Poconos relies on tuition fees to fund our year-round operations.
All requests to withdraw your child before the start of camp must be received in writing (email). Requests for changes made by phone will not be honored.
Please Note: Early Enrollment Deposit of $500 is NOT REFUNDABLE.
Changes/ Withdrawals before June, 2024:
We will refund your tuition payment - minus the nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $500 - less the following administrative fee:
- Until February 15th: Full Refund
- 2/15 - 2/28: $250
- 3/1 - 3/31: $400
- 4/1 - 5/31: $500
No refund given after June 1st.
Health Emergencies: Campers who withdraw prior to a session, or during the summer, for a documented health emergency, will be eligible for a full refund, less a $500 administrative fee and the prorated amount for the time spent at camp.
Withdrawals after camp begins
No tuition refund will be made for withdrawals after the start of camp, except in the following circumstances. We will refund your tuition payment, less the early enrollment deposit of $500 and less the following administrative fee:
- If the family of a full session camper voluntarily decides to withdraw the camper at the end of first session, we will refund the prorated tuition, minus an administrative fee of $650
- If camp administration determines that it is in the best interest of a camper to leave camp, a prorated refund will be provided, minus an administrative fee of $200.
- Tuition will not be prorated for missing camp days due to illness. If a camper does not attend a trip day, tuition will not be prorated.
- Transportation refunds will not be provided after June 1st.
- Lunch refunds will not be provided after June 24th.
Dismissal from camp
Per the discretion of camp administration, the behavioral infractions below would result in immediate dismissal from camp and NO TUITION REFUNDdue to a violation of policy. If a camper is dismissed involuntarily from camp because of a parent/guardian’s failure to provide accurate of complete behavioral and/or medical information, there will be no refund.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol
- Possession or consumption of illegal drugs
- Possession or consumption of non-prescribed legal drugs
- Possession or consumption of tobacco products
- Illegal substances or related paraphernalia, including but not limited to marijuana in any form
- Possession or use of e-cigarettes, vape pens or similar devices with or without tobacco or marijuana products
- Guns, knives or weapons of any kind
- Leaving Camp property without proper authorization
- Purposefully harming others at camp, emotionally or physically
- Inability to participate in the camp program due to a repeated pattern of behavioral concerns